The Lamia Harlot Speaks! Headline Animator

The Lamia Hiss

The Lamia Harlot Hissing.

I make various off colour jokes on social ideas and constructs that seem weird or off to me. Possibly remarking why I cannot confess to being human really--humans make no sense to me. Typically including my ideas and thoughts on these rather weird ideas, conclusion jumping to the left, as I step around to the right to see what people are thinking here. Then I thrust some mind viruses in to really drive you insane.

But you know what? I just know history will repeat itself again.

Hope you enjoy me bitching people out.

2010-05-28

Fucking Gay Ass Stigma

Okay--the Stigma on the Gay community is still there. You would think that people would respond to Gay Pride with something like Breathing Oxygen Pride really. It is a rather normal concept (to me anyways) for somebody to like something different that somebody else does not like. Well-except Mikie... he will like everything (and confusing pop culture reference in place).

It is annoying really.

I point out that Adam Sandler's movie I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry was oddly well researched. In that it seemed to include a lot of elements from the pride communities. Rather than just being like watching Zoolander.

Compare to Adam Sandler's other concepts:

Billy Madison: no research put into this. Mostly just Adam Sandler looking like an idiot on camera.

Happy Gilmour: about the only information on Golf is the same that could be gained from watching tv for five minutes... maybe driving past the Golf Course.

Little Nicki: Mostly just a large amounts of jokes on popular culture's image of what the son of the devil would be. Not that there is much of a subject to research really, so much as a few vague ideas in pop culture to mock.

Then we get to Chuck and Larry. This movie quotes various anthropological texts on animal habits, it quotes legal statutes in place, it shows a large amount of clues as to inside information on the Gay community. I mean--yes, we frown on that large guy in pink dancing around as a butterfly--but he does appear in real life... way too often. We have the large black guy that people think is tough just because he is big enough to kick people's ass. But turns out being the kind that looks like Tarzan, but talks like Jane.

I mean--I was personally expecting this to be another Zoolander myself. However when I comment that this movie is not, but instead looks like Adam Sandler is possibly entering into more serious cinema... I get:

"Are you suggesting Adam Sandler is gay?"

Okay--let us step back for a bit... just step back here.

Let us go with the idea that perhaps maybe if the movie had been a comparatively more seriously research light comedy on origami or stamp collecting, if anybody would care here.

Had Adam Sandler's first sorie into more dramatic works had been about Bass Fishing maybe, would people respond when you remark that it seemed different from what you expect of him?

No, the guy is a fucking actor. I mean, if Carrot Top did a move like this, it would seem weird. If Ben Stiller did that too, it would get the same response.

I mean, the only reason that Jim Carrey did not get this for the Truman Show was well--he was trying to move outside of Comedy.

Wait? Jim Carrey's first move from Comedy was the Truman Show... what am I suggesting here? That Jim Carrey has spent all of his life, being tricked into living in a 24/7 reality Tv show where he was living an old sit com?

Clearly, if by suggesting that Adam Sandler is gay by remarking that Chuck and Larry was not another Zoolander like I was expect (and I expect many others too)--then clearly, this law applies to Jim Carrey being an unaware sitcom Tv subject.

Gah! Stupid idiots!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make your comments here. Just note that all posts currently require a Nexus 1 or Higher Emotional Intelligence Rating to not face deletion. Though--scores rating Nexus 5 or higher are preferable.