The Lamia Harlot Speaks! Headline Animator

The Lamia Hiss

The Lamia Harlot Hissing.

I make various off colour jokes on social ideas and constructs that seem weird or off to me. Possibly remarking why I cannot confess to being human really--humans make no sense to me. Typically including my ideas and thoughts on these rather weird ideas, conclusion jumping to the left, as I step around to the right to see what people are thinking here. Then I thrust some mind viruses in to really drive you insane.

But you know what? I just know history will repeat itself again.

Hope you enjoy me bitching people out.

2010-05-31

(Possibly backhanded) apology to the users of #Fedora of Freenode

*sighs*

Okay, I am going to apologise to the channel of #fedora on FreeNode. Sorry, it is not your fault that fenris02 is a complete and total arrogant prick.

I did get my current scanner issues solved (tendatively). Somebody started to help me go through and find where the udev and hal entries. This person (I apologise that I cannot remember that user's name) was generally very helpful, in helping me find my problem.

We found that the problem is one along the lines of "it works the same as it always has.". IE: The reason my scanner does not work is due to "Bit rot" sort of reasons.

I mean, the solution is not "Katrina is an idiot" so much as "Katrina is running an insanely ancient distribution of Fedora"

So, going in for a reinstall. As /boot is only 200MiB in size. Fedora 12 and Fedora 13 both require /boot to be 512MiB. I probably will have that partition be about 1024MiB though.

Now, I probably would not be as irritated with fenris02, still, if he was not peppering comments of "just because you are too stupid to understand my help--does not mean it is not brilliant."

He now exists in my head, as "fuckers who think that something is clever, based on how little it is understood". Noting that I know of two types of humans, "people" and "fuckers". I care about people. Fuckers are just another set of statistics.

First off, from a few of the other blog entries here, and links to my GitHub account you have likely seen, there is a chance, that maybe, just maybe, I am not completely new to computers. Yes, I understand that there is worlds of knowledge that I do not know of. However, his constant calling me an idiot, and talking to me like a Dalnet user, gets grating.

Personally, I have this rather silly notion, or idea, that if you require jargon to explain something. That is, another language that is only English in that English is a Pidgin language of sorts, then, this something is completely useless.

If I cannot pitch some concept, no matter how technical, so that your average Joe can comprehend what is going on (maybe not at that high of level, but he can still get it), then I do not think the idea is really worth saying it is good. I will also say, that if I cannot explain it in simple standard English, then I fail to understand it, as much as the layman.

Not to say that any idea if explained in English means I understand it, though. I mean, all dobbermens are dogs, but not all dogs are dobbermens.

This is well--mostly due to a lot of influence from my Father. My father is of the opinion, you cannot understand something, if you cannot explain it, or present it in some form. He also gave me the knowledge that no matter how brilliant an idea, if it stays in your head--and is not given any sort of form, either by descriptions or proof of concept, then the idea, for all purposes of the word, does not exist.

My father, is also a fairly skilled technician that the only reason he does not have an engineer's degree is because of his extreme disdain for engineers. So, his set of opinions makes sense.

It really does not help, that the largest handitards on the planet, generally tend to be all about how intelligent they are. Usually screaming out about how much smarter you are than somebody the more likely I am going to think you are excessively retarded. Especially if you start waving around positions and papers you have.

Respect is earned by your interactions with people. Not demanded by positions of power or claims of knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make your comments here. Just note that all posts currently require a Nexus 1 or Higher Emotional Intelligence Rating to not face deletion. Though--scores rating Nexus 5 or higher are preferable.